Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thinking of You

I have had three people call me this week, people who don’t usually call.  They said that they had been thinking of us and wanted to call and touch base.  One wanted to check in; another needed some encouragement – which in itself was encouraging to me.  The last one wanted to encourage me and let me know that I was in their thoughts and prayers.

It’s funny how that goes.  You think of others in difficult situations with health problems or job problems.  You think about them and say a prayer for their comfort or encouragement.  They are on your mind.  We often don’t realize that we are on others' minds as well.  They are thinking about us, considering our lives, our examples, and possibly, our trials.  They send up a prayer for our well-being. 

In the midst of a busy life, taking a moment to think about others and realize that others are thinking about me, makes me smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment