Monday, December 27, 2010

Menu

Menu planning for dinners through the week makes my life simpler.  I sit down on a Sunday evening and write out a menu for the next two weeks.  I use a few cookbooks and make sure I include meals I know my family likes and just write it down.

Next I make a grocery list from that menu so that I have everything I need in the house.  The whole process doesn’t usually take me very long and it gives me peace every day!

I know some people like to decide daily what to fix and if you only have a couple of people in your family, it makes sense to wing it.  I like the idea of everyone sitting down at the table for a family meal each night of the work week.  It’s a chance to bring everyone together and go over our day or current events, etc.

When you know what you’re fixing each night, you can focus on other things through the day and it takes the thinking and or last minute worries out of the equation.  It makes dinner happen more easily and with less stress…at least for me!

My menu and knowing what I’m preparing for dinner makes me smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment