Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Morning Light

It is so nice to sleep in.  There’s really nothing sweeter than rolling over and going back to sleep or even just dozing awhile.  But I’m smiling today because I got up early – around 6:00 am.  I know a lot of people get up a lot earlier than 6, but that’s early for me.

It feels good to get out into the kitchen where it’s still dark and chilly and see the day and the house come to life.  I like being in the kitchen when the coffee maker starts automatically – that definitely makes me smile….it just smells so good!

I like to see my neighborhood wake up too; a few of my neighbors are getting into their cars and heading off to work around that time.  I can see the lights come on in other houses on my street and when I think of their households waking up and starting the day, well, that makes me smile too!

The best thing about getting up early is that sense of accomplishment that comes with getting the routine started early.  It seems like you have more hours in the day or something, which is really nice in the cold, grey days we are in right now!

So, welcome to the day….early today and smiling!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment