Thursday, December 16, 2010

Home Alone

I’m not sure how it happened, but I find myself alone today.  Jonah headed out for his annual trip to Denver.  Thankfully, there were no weather delays for him and he’s already there having a great time!  Ken and Josh both got called in for work, which is pretty great because Josh has been looking for work for awhile.  So here I am, all by my lonesome.

I am smiling because it just doesn’t happen very often that I have the whole house to myself.  I can scream, run, sing at the top of my lungs or huddle up all by myself on the couch with a book.  It can be as noisy or as quiet as I want – I like it.

Now, I’m not saying I don’t love my guys to be here with me – I do – very much, it’s just that now and then it’s nice to have the whole house to myself.  I also wouldn’t want to do this full-time.  A house can swallow you up if you’re alone all the time.  I will smile the rest of the afternoon just enjoying this rare opportunity to be home alone.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment