Friday, December 17, 2010

My Busy Backyard

I have been talking for some time to my husband about building out our large bedroom window – making it into a bay window with cushions and pillows.  I think it would be great to have someplace to sit and watch the backyard. 

We have a busy backyard!  There are so many birds in the trees and on the ground; sometimes it looks like the ground is moving when you look out from our second-story window.  Along with the birds, we have a family of squirrels.  We had quite a job keeping them out of the bird feeder (which will have to be another blog entry).  We did succeed with that, but then we decided to get a squirrel feeder.  The squirrel food has sunflower seeds, corn and peanuts it’s just what squirrels love to eat! 

So the squirrels have their feeder.  You can hear the clap, clap, clap of the lid as they dig in and retrieve the treasures.  The birds are happy with the suet, thistle and birdseed, as well as the two birdbaths and plenty of landing places.  What I need is a landing place to watch them all – like a bay window, complete with cushions and pillows and maybe a blanket throw and also a place to set my cup of tea or coffee…..

Okay, my husband has a point.  If I had that bay window, I wouldn’t do anything else….I’d spend all my time watching my busy backyard….with a smile on my face!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment