Friday, December 3, 2010

Refrigerator: Clean

After a big holiday and many people and so much food you think you could feed a neighborhood, one of the biggest casualties is the refrigerator.  I have a side-by-side refer and its space isn’t very efficient.  All sorts of things get lost in the back and then it seems more like a laboratory than a refrigerator!

It was pretty fun last night making tacos, Jer was stirring the beef and beans, Josh was chopping the tomatoes and lettuce, Ken shredded some cheese – not sure what Jonah was doing….and then Ken started to find the ingredients that we needed from the frig.  He went in looking for the guacamole, what he found before he was through was no fewer than four cartons of sour cream in varying degrees of age.  It was really pathetic – but I was happy that one of them had a good date and was still sealed – definitely something to smile about.

One of my goals for today, which probably goes without saying, was to clean that refrigerator.  I tossed everything that I couldn’t recognize and stuff that had been in there way too long also.  I washed everything down and Ken replaced light bulbs.  It looks so nice and fresh and clean.  I’ve got food in there for the weekend and I’m smiling!

J






1 comment:

  1. Tis the little things that bring joy :) And its always a good idea to get rid of food you can no longer recognize!

    ReplyDelete