Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Long and Winding Road

Many times you end up where you never thought you would.  I never thought I would live in the Bay Area, but I find it one of the most gorgeous places I have ever lived – coming from Oregon and Washington, that’s saying a lot.

There are some pretty spectacular views here in the Bay Area – mountains, cityscapes, water views – enough to take your breath away.  But once and awhile, you go down a road you’ve never been before – my idea of fun!  And you see things you would have thought were impossible living in a metropolitan area.

Lake Chabot does that to me – if I didn’t know better, I would think I was out in the middle of nowhere.  The view of San Francisco on a very clear day makes me feel like I'm looking at a “once upon a time” city of my dear childhood books.

Today, I had the opportunity to share something that brings a smile to a dear friend’s face.  It’s a winding road coming out of a residential area, but the reason it makes her smile and the reason I can now share it with you as a smile of my own, is that it has the most amazing views of the Bay – sunlit and shining, greens in every hue imaginable and these are set off by the vibrant colors of the maples and other deciduous varieties, especially at this time of year, placed here and there on the hillsides. 

There are so many beautiful things in our lives – people, places and things, we just need to slow down on the long, winding road of life – let the other drivers go by – take time to drink it in; say thank you and smile.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment