Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunshine

As much as I love the rain, there’s something about sunshine in November that makes everything brighter.  We are gearing up for Thanksgiving at my house and it’s pretty cool to think we not only can decorate the inside of the house, we can plant new flowers outside.

While I know many people are raking leaves this time of year, I’m happy that I don’t have that chore, and I’m even happier to buy and plant new flowers that will keep blooming all through the winter here in the Bay Area and stay beautiful in a perennial way.

Today, I’m washing my new Thanksgiving fabric and preparing to paint the canvas of my home with leaves, turkeys and pumpkins and I’ll also be out in the 74° weather planting the colorful flowers to brighten my flower beds.

Today, more than one thing is making me smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment