Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I have a piano...

I have a piano.  It’s a nice piano and I really love having it in my house.  Unfortunately, my piano doesn’t get a lot of playing.  When Jen comes home for a visit, my piano is happy.  Those are some of my happiest times too!

When she comes home for a visit, everyone gets a hug, but within minutes she’s sitting down and playing the piano – and it’s wonderful!

Jen has a way of playing the piano that makes you feel it; I mean really feel the notes and the melody.  There’s a lot of emotion in her playing and I love it.  She tends to play several melodies over and over while she’s here, locking them in my brain for months.  Thankfully – for months!

When she has to return to her home, those songs in my head bring me a bit of sadness, but there is happiness too.  Fortunately, they seem to last in my head until she returns to plant them again.

Right now those songs are beginning to find the crevices of my heart and mind and fill them with appreciation and smiles.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment