Monday, November 29, 2010

Decaf Americano

I just want to state here and now that there are medicinal properties to decaf americanos.

I used to drink decaf coffee after 3:00 pm because if I drank real coffee I would be up at 2:00 am wondering how clean I could get my bathroom!  Anyway, the decaf coffee is just so…..decaf coffee, but decaf Americanos are just amazing and truly medicinal.

My daughter, a former barista, likes to say, “Death before decaf.”  So – having decaf espresso is just a slight move toward the real deal and still be able to enjoy a full night’s sleep.

There is something about coffee that is calming to me.  Whenever I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, I just look for a coffee shop – now there might be an argument that it’s not the coffee, but the coffee shop. This would likely be a significant argument! 

A decaf Americano in a coffee shop is calming and delicious and it makes me smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment