Tuesday, November 9, 2010

GPS Can Be Scary

I had never used my GPS while I was driving. I’ve only used it to help my husband find his way while traveling. So when I had to travel across town I decided to give the GPS a try.

Before I left the Costco parking lot, I entered the destination. The eloquent GPS woman said, “Proceed to the nearest road.” Good, I can do that…

I got myself out onto the road and headed toward the signal. During that time, I completely lost track of the fact that the GPS unit was sitting next to me riding shot-gun. When I neared the light, a loud voice to the right of me said, “In 300 feet, turn right.” I jumped completely out of my seat! 

That wonderful GPS woman riding shot-gun helped me find my way across town, onto two major freeways, and into a neighborhood I had never been in…without incident and definitely with a smile on my face!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment