Thursday, November 18, 2010

Joy

Something that always makes me smile during this time of year is all the many ways people use my name to advertise.  I've seen my name at coffee shops, burger joints and BMW has an ad right now that says, "Joy is BMW."  Actually, in my life - in the automobile department - "Joy is Honda."  

JY


I have many signs around my house that say, "JOY" - some in my sewing room, one in the office and one in the bedroom.  Some of my favorite things are coffee mugs - I even have a couple with my name on them!  

Joy is an interesting name, I've been asked many times before, "Are you joyful because of your name, or did they name you Joy because you were joyful?"  That's a difficult one to answer - as far as I know, my parents didn't wait long enough to really know before they named me Joy....so maybe it's something to live up to.  I like to think it helps me look at things from a joyful perspective, but I know that doesn't happen all the time.  

So, I'll take it as it comes, I'll keep trying to see the little "joys" in every day - especially during this time of year when my name is plastered everywhere.  Thankfully, even though it's a bit over-used, it still makes me smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment