Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Re-boot

Every so often I get a call from a dear friend.  We don’t talk very often, but when we do, it seems that we start right where we left off.  We don’t usually talk for very long and still there is oneness of mind and heart and a genuine appreciation for where we’ve been, where we are and where we are headed.

When we hang up we both feel better – we seem to be able to handle our challenges more patiently and we see our problems with a lot more perspective.

I don’t take it lightly that I enjoy many friends who fit this description.  It’s a rare thing in this world of technological wonders that a simple phone call and a loving voice can both encourage me and challenge me to do better. It’s like a person-to-person “re-boot” with fantastic results.

Thank you dear friend!  You make me smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment