Friday, November 19, 2010

Chalkboard

This last week, something was transformed in our home.  It changed a room dramatically and I think everyone really likes the change.

We painted a very boring, regular door from the family room into the garage.  I had painted it several years ago when I painted the family room, but this paint job was a lot more exciting!

We (I mean Ken) painted that door with chalkboard paint!  The entire door got two coats of black, chalkboard paint and it is glorious!  I bought some colored chalk and some white chalk and an eraser and now I have a place to display artwork.

It didn’t take very long, first there was a large smiley face with a funny eye, then there were a couple of little smileys, then there was a very colorful and well-drawn image of Link from “The Legend of Zelda”, then there was a rabbit….all of these pictures drawn by different people! 

I know this door will be a big hit with all the kids (young and old) who come to my house to visit – I hope they all take a turn adding something wonderful to my chalkboard door – who knows I may just have to do a whole wall or something!

That door and the thought of happy graffiti decorating my family room makes me smile!

J

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I've never heard of chalkboard paint. I think you should go ahead and do a whole wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AGREE WITH MIKE WALSH.

    Also, I can't wait to do that up next week!!

    ReplyDelete