Monday, November 22, 2010

Anticipation

As hard as it is for me to have a couple of my kids living far away, there is a smile on my face as I anticipate their arrival for a visit.  I try to focus on good time with them while they are here. I try to concentrate on listening and enjoying their new adventures and fresh perspectives.  I try very hard not to think about their departures. 

I have a lot to do in preparation today, cleaning and vacuuming, making beds and making food.  All of these chores take on an exciting new purpose when they are for loved ones coming from far places. 

Thinking about all the work that has to be done today and then the multiple airport runs and especially all the hugs and warmth and happiness in the house this week really makes me smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment