Thursday, January 6, 2011

Surprise!

There is something really sweet about surprises.  Especially surprises that involve people who live far away showing up on your doorstep.  I’ve been thinking about those kind of surprises in my life and smiling a lot today.

Once when I got home from school, a family who we had known in Washington was sitting on our front porch – we had a great time visiting with them.  Then another time, a different family was sitting on our front lawn when we came home that was a lot of fun too.

There were times when we snuck my older brother home to surprise my mom – she was really surprised and really happy!  Once, I helped my future sister-in-law sneak into my brother’s room and surprise him.  She was supposed to be in southern California and he was in Oregon.

The thoughts about surprises started today because Jeremy’s dear friend, Ida, surprised him by showing up in Denver – well actually she hasn’t arrived yet, but she wrote him a letter that said, “Come pick me up at the airport!”  Talk about sweet!

Sweet surprises….if that doesn’t make you smile…..

J

No comments:

Post a Comment