Friday, January 7, 2011

Hot Cocoa & Homemade Bread

I know I've been writing a lot about homemade bread lately, there are just so many good things to say about it.

Baking bread is one of those wonderful science projects that smells wonderful and tastes wonderful!  It’s pretty cool to see the flour and liquid and yeast work together and rise. 

The guys in my life love the smell of homemade bread.  The aroma really does fill the house and sometimes outside the house too.  They love it toasted with butter, or in sandwiches – it’s just good no matter how you slice it.  

One of my favorite treats is a slice of homemade bread toasted with butter joined with a cup of hot cocoa.  This is a memory too; it takes me back to when I was a small child.  Back then, (yes, I am dating myself), toast and hot cocoa were considered medicinal by most mothers, grandmothers and aunts.  I’m with them.

Hot cocoa and homemade bread toast makes me smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment