Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hyacinth

This afternoon, I had the opportunity to go to my local Trader Joe’s.  It’s a fabulous place full of great food, fun, snacks and people who are wonderful.

I decided to take a good long look at their plants and flowers today, something I don’t usually take the time to do.  Not only was it a beautiful display, but it smelled delightful.

I searched and searched for the source of the beautiful fragrance….and I found it in a hyacinth.  They were available in many colors and they all smelled like spring.



I chose a pink one for my kitchen window – the breeze catches the fragrance and transmits it all around my kitchen.  It’s lovely!

Hyacinths make me think of spring.  It’s been so nice here lately, we may actually see daffodils this week out in the yard, but the hyacinth brought spring to my home early!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment