Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chance

Today I had to go to the copy store to make copies.  I had to make a lot of copies, so I was standing looking out the window and waiting for the machine to finish.  I noticed a lady getting out of her car in the parking lot – she was nicely dressed and wearing red pants – she captured my attention.

She ended up coming into the copy store to make some copies too – she wanted to use the machine I was using since it was the one she was used to using.  The alternate machine wasn’t working today, so she said she was happy to wait for me to finish.

While my copy job was finishing, she noticed that I was copying quilt patterns and asked what I was all about.  I noticed immediately that she had a German accent – not overly strong, but obvious.  We talked for a bit about sewing and cooking, especially when we were young and we didn’t think it was very important to learn and how we ended up with jobs that required both cooking and sewing in our lives.

We talked about the many jobs we both had held and the people we had met and how interesting life was.  As I finished up and she began her job, we wished each other a happy and productive day and we gave each other something special …….a smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment