Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Traveling

I like to travel.  Actually, to be more specific, I like to fly.  When the plane takes off, I still smile from ear to ear.  There is something so powerful, so amazing about taking off in an airplane.

I guess it has to do with the fact that I don’t really understand it.  It’s beyond my comprehension – and that’s okay.  In fact, it’s probably better.  I talk to people who just really hate flying and especially the take-offs and landings – which are my favorite parts and I have to smile.

This morning at around 3:30, I heard a jet taking off from the Oakland airport.  It was a thunderous sound and I realized I was smiling.  I was sleepy, but I was smiling.  I went back to sleep considering where that plane was headed and the people on board who had to get up really early to catch that plane and what they had planned at their destination – yep – that’s the stuff dreams are made of!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment