Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday Smiles

Today I’m smiling so I must be quilting or thinking about quilting or hanging out with quilters…

We have quilting class every Thursday afternoon and another class in the evening.  This afternoon’s class was delightful.  I watched one lady do some hand quilting, she gave me some confidence to begin a hand-quilted project.  I talked to another lady about a project that she had begun years ago and has finally settled on finishing.  Another woman was basting her quilt for quilting – it was a quilt that she had put away for many years, but she decided to finish the blocks and get it completed. 

Another lady was working on some appliqué, she hasn’t done too much of that, but she’s enjoying it and learning a lot as she goes along. 

Old things pulled out of a closet and finished, new things taken up for fun.  I find such inspiration with these examples.  Finish things you start and never quit learning.  Both will keep you smiling!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment