Monday, March 28, 2011

Movin’ On Up

“Well, we’re movin’ on up, to the eastside, to a deluxe apartment in the sky….”

No, we’re not movin’ anywhere, these are song lyrics.  These are very catchy song lyrics.  I know every word of that song. 

I have a very good memory.  I can remember song lyrics, speeches, comments, dates, numbers, and names.  I’m really good with names.  I don’t know how – I don’t have any special tricks.  I don’t know why – it just happens.

Today, my memory kicked in to a song – just as that song was beginning.  I began to sing along and then someone muted the television, and I was singing a solo that the other people in the room didn’t know I was singing, until that moment.  When they turned and looked at me stunned with surprise. 

Yes, that made me smile….actually I laughed until I cried.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment