Friday, March 11, 2011

Good Mail

I still feel like a kid sometimes – especially when it comes to getting mail.  Even though I know I will likely throw most of my mail into the recycling container, I still get excited thinking about the mail being delivered.

I like to send mail too – I enjoy sending it and thinking about that person receiving it and opening it and reading it and smiling.

There really is something to taking the time to sit down and write something for someone else.  Email and Facebook and Twitter have kind of taken over our ability to think deeply about what to say and to say it with feeling.  It’s easy to stay in contact with others via email or FB, but it is pretty exciting to get a hand-written letter in the mail from someone you love.

Today I received a letter in the mail.  It was totally unexpected and took me by surprise.  It was from a very dear friend and they said some really nice things inside.  It actually made my day!  It made me cry and smile – and I continue to smile whenever I think about all the thought and effort that went into that letter!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment