Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Best Job Ever

The best job I ever had ended today.  It lasted for 17 1/2 years and it was quite a job! 

Today, Jonah finished high school and with that, my job as a home schooling mom is over.  We started this home schooling project in the fall of 1993 – and boy, did we have some fun!  We worked on school and we had recess and we did projects and went on field trips.  But the best thing about this job was the time we spent together. 

It was so special to be there when Josh gave his monologue at the home school co-op parent/guest night.  I remember when Jen learned how to borrow – in subtraction.  When she got it – I saw it – her whole face lit up.  I loved being there to watch Jer begin to understand the sounds of letters and the thrill of reading and understanding.  When Jonah was assigned biographies for history, he asked me if he could write a little bit about each person so he could remember their good points and their bad decisions – my face lit up with that question!

So, it’s been quite a ride – a very special ride that I have loved from the very beginning.  In a way, I’m sorry to see it go – I do miss my little guys and gal, but it’s time for a new chapter.  They are on their way, college, jobs, life, moves across the country.  It’s nice to know that they have had a good foundation for the love of learning and the love of family.  Those, they will have with them forever.



1 comment:

  1. Joy, that was truly an indelibly unforgettable "time of your life"! And what an everlasting pleasure to look back upon!
    And now in the years ahead, what a great resource you will always be, for those who wish to (haltingly) pursue the same path. You will assure them and reassure them that they can indeed give their young'uns a priceless start to a wonderful education!

    ReplyDelete