Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Clean Sewing Room

Today I cleaned my sewing room.  When I get started sewing on a bunch of different projects, fabric goes everywhere.  There are rulers, scraps, strips, pieces, buttons, Velcro, pins, scissors and patterns everywhere! 

Pretty soon, there is no room to work; I have to shove things out of the way to get enough room to cut anything out on the cutting mat.  It is crazy. 

I was making some little things and they required little pieces of this and that and when I found them, I would cut a piece and throw the rest onto the pile. 

Well, at 4:30 pm this afternoon, I had enough of that pile.  I sorted through all the fat quarters and put them together.  I stacked all the strips and put them together.  I put my scraps in their appropriate color-coded boxes and put the patterns away.  My rulers are all in their holder and the cutting table is clear and clean.

I love it when my sewing center is clean and neat.  It makes me want to get in there and make something….ah yes, the cycle begins again!  You gotta love creativity!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment