Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wildwood Café


Another smile from McMinnville, Oregon today.  I lived in McMinnville for 16 years – and I went to a lot of these great places.  Now when I visit, I feel like a tourist who has to hit all the high spots!

Wildwood Café is one of those places for me.  It’s a small café with homemade bread and jam.  The food is delicious and the coffee is the real deal.  I always order “Katie’s Calamity,” a glorious combination of eggs, avocado, cheese and salsa.  It comes with home hash browns and homemade toast.  I also get an order of “Wildwood Toast,” which is French toast with a granola topping – incredible.  I’ve tried to make it here at home and I’ve come close, but when I’m in town I have to eat some of that!


The décor is eclectic and old fashioned.  When you look up you see a bunch of egg beaters and potato mashers hanging from the ceiling.  The staff has changed over the years, but they seemed friendly and on top of things.

If you ever happen into McMinnville, stop by and try Wildwood Café.  You may find a line up waiting outside to get in - grab a paper or start a conversation with those waiting with you.  “Mac” is a very friendly town!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment