Thursday, December 15, 2011

More about Mac


Okay, one more (at least) about McMinnville, Oregon!  The downtown is a great place to hang out.  McMenamins is right downtown along with Wildwood Café and some of the other great places we love to go to when we are visiting….here are a few of the other “musts” when we are in town:

First – Cornerstone Coffee Roasters – really good coffee, better marionberry scones!  The atmosphere is homey and warm.  Lots of tables and they do soups and sandwiches too.

Second – Boersma’s – Quilt and Knit shop – it’s a huge store, upstairs, downstairs, main floor and the yarn shop is across the street next to Wildwood Café.  I lived there 16 years and took up quilting after I left – boo hoo!

Third – The Sage – great little spot for soup and homemade bread.  Their broccoli cheese soup is the best!  Their pies and cobblers are great too.  I used to meet my mother-in-law there for lunch when I worked at Linfied College.

Fourth – The Red Berry – wow – a great “little” shop with so many cool things, I can’t list them all.  They started out as a small little place on 3rd Street then moved to a different location – we were very happy they were back downtown with a large shop below The Sage.

Fifth – Oregon Stationers – such a great store, so many things from office supplies to chocolate.  I have to go in there to get my fix of Twila’s English Toffee.  Yep – that package didn’t even make it home!

Well, if you have time, you might want to look around Found Objects and get an ice cream cone at Serendipity, or go shopping at Harvest Fresh.  Ah yes, so many great places – not enough time!


No, I do not work for the McMinnville Chamber of Commerce, or the McMinnville Downtown Association – I have been accused of it before. McMinnville just makes me smile!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment