Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Knit One Purl Two



During the last term in my quilting group I had one of the ladies teach me how to knit.  Well, to at least get me started.  I started a newborn cap – it seemed pretty easy and I got the hang of it that night.  Then I went home…

It always happens when you are trying to learn something new, it is only awesome while someone who really knows what they are doing is right there and available to help.  Enter:  YouTube.  I found a great video on YouTube which taught me how to cast on stitches again – I ended up trying again at least four times.  I’ve got the hang of it now – at least until we are back in class again and she shows me how to finish the cap.

While we were on our Thanksgiving trip I discovered that my sister-in-law is also learning how to knit.  My daughter was also learning where she was for Thanksgiving.  While I was working on my little cap in the bowling alley one day, a lady came up and encouraged me to keep at it.  My sister, who knits socks, encouraged me too.  Today, while I was looking at some knitting needles at the thrift store, a gal came up and told me she was learning how to knit and wanted to know if I could give her any pointers – ha ha….I told her about YouTube. 

I am finding out that there are a lot of new knitters out there.  I am also finding out that the knitters who know their way around a knit and a purl are pretty nice people, encouraging us to keep at it – that makes me smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment