Friday, July 1, 2011

Twin Spin Fun Fire

When I was a kid we had a great fireplace in our family room.  It was called the "Twin Spin Fun Fire."  


It was actually a wood burning stove, but you could see the fire from all directions.  The fire kind of spun around and it looked great and warmed the room too!  It had an oven in the back.  


On Friday nights my dad would bake Pillsbury biscuits in that oven - we would have them with butter and jam.  Somehow they always tasted better coming out of that oven.  Often we baked Pillsbury cinnamon rolls on weekend mornings in that oven.  They were pretty great too.


For some reason, the company stopped manufacturing these stoves.  They were a bit hard to clean, but they were pretty awesome.  


I searched for this fireplace and was able to find a photo to share.  What great memories!


J

3 comments:

  1. I remember grandpa putting the "sparkly, colorful stuff" in it and watching it for what seemed like hours... great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In regards to the "twin spin fun fire" I have one in good shape except for the fire great, anyone want to make an offer?
    Its pretty havey and bulky and I'm located on Cape Cod, Mass. E-Mail....stangel@toast.net
    10/19/2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Joy,
    My husband and I recently bought a fireplace like you wrote about but are having difficulty finding any information. Do you know any more about the fireplace?
    Thanks!
    Tammy Hoss

    ReplyDelete