Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Perfect Place

A perfect place is anywhere you are with the people you care about.  When I was a kid the perfect place was in my room on a Friday night with my younger brother listening to albums.  When I was in college, a perfect place was the VIP'S restaurant just down from the campus, they served the most amazing coffee and cinnamon rolls.  We were there to do homework of course, but we did a lot of laughing together too.

When my children were young, a perfect place was “Pirate Park.”  My kids named it that because of the cool play structure there and the bounty of agate rocks to be found.  On Tuesday nights when the kids were a bit older, I took them out for burgers and milkshakes, that hamburger joint was a perfect place.

I love to be with my husband and our kids, our family.  Wherever we are when we are together is a perfect place to me.  It makes me smile to hear their laughter and see their smiles. Even the memory of those times makes me smile!

Where do your memories come from?  If you take the time to consider, your most precious memories will come from the people you were with while in a perfect place.  It could be your backyard, a big city, a national park, an airport, graveyard, hospital or restaurant. 

Today, I spent some time thinking about a perfect place.  It was impossible to come up with only one.  Thinking about all those perfect places with all those wonderful people made me smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment