Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Big Package in the Mail

Today is my birthday.  It’s not a big deal to me; it’s really just another day.  The day of your birth can lead to expectations though.

I had to be out this morning and when I returned, there was a big box waiting for me in the office on the desk.  That is exciting – especially when it is addressed to me…on my birthday.

I asked my son if he knew what was in that box.  He said no, but with a funny smile on his face.  Hmm…I asked him if anyone in the house knew what was in that box.  Again he had no answer for me.  This had to be a surprise for me!  Oh yay!!! 

So, after questioning him a few more times about the contents, I grabbed the scissors and opened the box.

Inside were a couple of things I had ordered last week from Amazon – for myself.  Yeah, a surprise present for myself.  I actually felt giddy when I saw that box.  Now that I’m older, maybe my memory is going.  I ordered something for myself and then promptly forgot about it.  Actually, that’s not a bad thing to do when your birthday is coming up.  Surprise! 

It did make me smile – which can be a good thing if you are marking any birthday past 40.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment