Sunday, January 1, 2012

Soup in the Freezer


Sundays are busy days.  Today I was working on getting my files cleaned up and ready for tax time….I know, I know, that doesn't sound like fun, but it’s my accounting background rearing its ugly head!  Ha Ha.  I just like having all that put together and ready to go.  I also like having my files cleaned out and ready for 2012’s papers.

So with all of that as well as some pattern sorting and preparations for next term’s quilting classes, I had a full day.  Ken was working of course, so why not get some of those things ready to go?

But, I didn’t want to cook dinner.  So I went to the freezer and found two delicious soups to serve.  My homemade split-pea with barley (recipe from California Pizza Kitchen) and chicken and dumplings, except there weren’t any dumplings left.  So I baked some fresh biscuits and made a salad and dinner was on and easy.

Definitely lots of things to smile about today!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment