Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Raindrops on Roses


I've been considering my favorite things lately.  There are so many, it would be difficult for even Rogers & Hammerstein to put them into a song.

So here are a few of my favorite things:

~Conversations with my kids – they are practically all adults now and they are individuals.  It’s amazing to have a conversation with someone you’ve known since before they were born.  It’s humbling and enlightening.

~Rain – I love it, I think because I was born in Seattle, I need it too.

~The smile you see in someone’s eyes before it gets to their mouth.

~Letters in the mail – old fashioned, but so sweet.

~Someone’s laughter wafting through the house – this never fails to make me smile.

~A new pattern or new fabric…..or both.

~A quick wit or word plays that make me think.

~The way a smile speaks volumes at any age and at any time.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment