Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Little Something Extra

Have you ever noticed how good you feel when someone does a little something extra?  I have to admit that sometimes it surprises me.  We live in a world where everyone tries to do just the bare minimum, just what will pass, or only what is asked of them.

I think we can become so used to the bare minimum that it surprises us when someone goes out of their way to hold a door or pick up some trash or prepare something with thought, concern and giving to others in mind.

All of the demonstrations we’ve had at quilting class have been really great.  One of the ladies prepared a demonstration tonight that gave us all a little something extra.  She handed out sample size pieces of the apron she was demonstrating so that each lady could make one little sample apron to take with them.  Mine looks great on a bottle of wine. J


Last week, one of my quilting ladies brought me a vase with some flowers from her garden.  The bouquet included sweet peas, roses, hydrangea…that was so sweet.  This evening, one lady handed me a little bag with a bunch of snowman beads enclosed.  She knows how much I love snowmen.  That made me smile.  Another creative lady gave me a little pair of pink booties she made for me to send to my new great niece.  It’s very true that little things mean a lot.

It doesn’t take that much to give a little something extra.  It will put a smile on the faces of those you serve in one way or another and it will make you smile too. 

J

No comments:

Post a Comment