Friday, June 17, 2011

Flowers & Herbs

Today was a good day.  The sun was shining, the sky was blue and the breeze was cool and refreshing.

It was a fun day to work outside.  I have never been a “great” gardener.  I have grown vegetables, flowers and plants, but I have always thought of myself as a kind of “blind-luck” gardener.  As it turns out, gardening isn't about luck at all. 

When it comes to plants and flowers, the main thing is location, location, location.  Sunny or shady – it makes a big difference.  They also need good soil.  Some like acidic soil some do not.  They need attention, water, sun, food, shelter – a lot like people.

I have been putting a lot more effort into giving my plants the location, soil and attention they need and they are returning all that love with green leaves, pretty blossoms and vibrancy!

Giving attention and seeing it returned with such beauty makes me smile!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment