Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Job

First, I want to apologize for using way too many quotes to fill my smile blog.  Just so you know, the quotes made me smile, but they aren’t what I intended for the blog on a consistent basis. 

I wanted to write, and write every day.  What better way to write than to find things that made me smile and write about them? 

Well, I have another reason to smile, I have a new job.  I have taken a part-time job at Orchard Supply Hardware near our home.  I am in the nursery department – not working with children or babies this time – but with plants and flowers and all sorts of vegetables.  I’m not sure what to say, other than I am getting paid to: 1) work out and 2) putter around in the garden.  I’ve never been one to putter in the garden.  I like to work to get things looking nice and pull weeds, etc.  But now I’m getting paid to do it, so it’s fantastic!

This new job has been really fun and I am learning something new every day, however, my time has been limited for writing and I’m finding that the body I had when working in a nursery when I was a teenager has, well, aged.  I know I’ll get used to the physical nature of the job, but it will take some time.

So, thanks for continuing this journey with me, thank you for putting up with the quotes I post.  Maybe now when you see a quote, you will smile knowing that I’m working or recovering from working!  Ha Ha

J

No comments:

Post a Comment